Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I am home

And wow does it feel wonderful!

Nunavik was really amazing, and I'm very seriously considering going back to do the project again next year - that kind of continuity feels right, especially for this shape of project and for that community. However, I'm HOME now and that feels really amazing. Leaves on trees, warmer temperatures, my own bed...wonderful pleasures.



I got a great job, working with Isabel and other awesome educators at the Bloorview Nursery School - where I had my placement last year - at the summer program they run at their Play and Learn site. I think that I'll be the outdoor coordinator, connecting the curricula and activities of the three classrooms through outdoor creative activities. I want to do a combination of art and gardening activities with the kids, all adapted and inclusive, and try to spend as much time outdoors with them as possible. Really inspired by Spiral Garden, I think. I want to do stuff like this...



It'll also present me with the perfect opportunity to read up and research more outdoor learning, and outdoor play-based learning. Hello, all my bloggy friends experimenting with indoor/outdoor learning (I'm looking at you, you, you and you, friends!), I'll be hanging out and studying what you're doing for theory, ideas and best practices.

But that doesn't start until the end of June, so I get to just hang out, read, eat yummy food and garden. We may go visit my grandmother in Cape Cod, and have a little road trip adventure in Vermont, but these things are still up in the air and I'm not thinking about them too much. For now, relaxing and recharging, reading and gardening.

Perfect.

Photos found on the internet -
games.preschoolrock.com
Joe Mangrum Sand Painting

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Noah! You're very welcome to drop by and hang out at "irresistible ideas" when ever you please. Enjoy your summer holiday.
    Cheers for now, Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a rewarding and safe trip - enjoy some relaxation. Have you seen this book?

    http://www.stenhouse.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9096&idcategory=0

    ReplyDelete